Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hazlehurst Boy ' Getting Somewhere' In Nashville

Hazlehurst native and country music artist Pat Roper, whose hit single " Now We're Getting Somewhere" is getting big-time radio play throughout the country, took a winding road to recent success in Nashville.  It include signing a deal with Lofton Creek Records and rubbing elbows with some of country's greatest artists, including fellow Mississippi native Faith Hill and husband Tim McGraw, as well as Mark Chesnutt, Leann Rhymes and Sugarland.

 Jo Coates,    Copiah County Courier

4 comments:

Patsy said...

I bet you know all of those people.
Did you get my comment about maple syrup on my blog?
Patsy

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Winifred said...

Have to say I'm a total ignoramus about country music. The only singers I've heard of are John Denver and Dolly Parton. I do like John Denver and I've a couple of his CDs. He used to be on TV quite a lot here a few years ago until he was killed.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Well, that's a handsome country boy, if ever I saw one :)
If he's worth his salt...he'll be on the Opry before you know it.
I'll keep an eye out for him !
Thanks for the heads-up.....

 

|