Monday, February 23, 2009

A Man of Many Hats



This post is dedicated to Mason Day, his wife Betty, and his dog Luther. 

Thanks Mason for following my blog; I am deeply honored.

I kid Mason a lot, first because I like him and second because he takes all my kidding so well.  He wears many hats figuratively speaking because he can do so many things well, and secondly because I think his head gets cold like mine when he goes out .  I always can tell if he's at Church because his hat is always hanging on his special hook.  His wife Betty is equally a wonderful person to know and she and Mason make a great team.   Now Luther is another story and I must say our relationship is at best "pending".
Mason, Betty, and Luther are all very special and we are blessed to have them at Westminster Village.

And Thanks For Following My Blog

8 comments:

Winifred said...

I love that picture. It's very trendy to wear hats and I think very stylish. Not enough people do it now. My husband only wears a cap if he's golfing or we're on holiday where it's hot to protect his scalp! He has no stylish stuff like this.

Will there be a picture of the trio to follow? You've whetted our appetites Frank.

Patsy said...

What a nice post on a man of many hats and Betty. You did good Frank Now how many months did you think about this one? Ha ha
Patsy

Charlene said...

We are so blessed to have many wonderful people in our village including the Days. I enjoy seeing Mason walk Luther, the dog who adopted Mason and Betty. Luther knew a good thing when he found them. Very good post.

Patsy said...

I am passing this award to you on my blog from Winifred
Patsy

Jane said...

Yes, he is a man of many hats, but the best one he wears is the "Father" hat. We are so blessed to have the best parents in the world (no brag, just fact). These two make a team no one can beat and everyone wants to join. Words can not express the love and admiration I have for them. Thanks, Cloody and Frank! Jane in Nashville

Frank Baker said...

Hi Jane and thanks for following our blog. I saw Mason and Betty this morning at our weekly coffee.
Mason mentioned he had an email reminding him to view the blog. That may have been you.
So nice of you to comment and we appreciate it so much.
Luther and I are doing fine.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Both of my grandfathers wore hats. I remember. But, especially my dad's dad. He was a dapper dresser anyway, but a hat came even before clothes almost. LOL

Truly, a lost art, the wearing of hats. :-(

But what a nice tribute to a friend. :-)

Frank Baker said...

Hi Aimee, Thanks for the comment . Thurman and Cissy didn't make the pancake supper. They are doing okay; just didn't want to get out..

 

|