Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kodakery


I picked up this little booklet," Kodakery", a number of years ago at a flea market near Hickory, NC.  A monthly publication of Eastman Kodak and dated Oct. 1923.  A purchase of an Eastman Brownie at that time entitled you to a one year subscription to Kodakery.  ( A typical Brownie camera of that time is pictured below.)

I've been an avid camera enthusiast  for a long time and I once was a member of the Catawba Valley Camera Club of Hickory, NC.  A wonderful group of people who really take photography seriously. I learned a lot and enjoyed my time with them.  I must say photography has changed immensely over the years.

I have a son who is a professional photographer who lives in Houston, TX.  I often wonder how he ever got involved in photography. World's Great Photographer.






This a what a typical Brownie Camera of 1923
Looks like.  The bellow construction continued until
WWll. 

A far cry from the digital camera of today.




3 comments:

Patsy said...

That is so neat. I like old things and people. And you didn't think your son was paying any attention to you.
Patsy

Aimeslee Winans said...

How cool is that photo of the magazine! Hey, can I save a copy of it and use it in my art? I will give you credit. Please-pretty-please?

Love looking at old cameras. And I lurked extensively on Nash's website when I was trying to find Peggy. He's very good. :-)

Frank Baker said...

Hi Aimiee , Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, feel free to use anything you like . You have lots of talent and do great things on your blog. You must be a busy lady.

 

|