Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Dear Cloody and Frank,

Happy anniversary! I like what Henny Youngman had to say: "The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret." 

But through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, despite differences of opinion about where the thermostat should be set, you've managed to construct a life of love, trust, and true partnership. I'm sure it helped that you both have a great sense of humor. Here are some of the other things I admire most about your marriage:

Your dedication to each other and to your extended family
Your ability to create a gracious home life, Cloody
The long, strenuous hours you worked, Frank
The way you've both made life-long friends across the country
The fact that all your kids get along so well
The way you so carefully cultivate courtesy and beauty in your world.

Love,
Andy

1 comment:

Frank Baker said...

Henny Youngman also said: "Take my wife_____PLEASE".

Thanks for the nice words. I know why you are so nice is because you are afraid I will post some your Limericks.

 

|