Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Al The Lawyer

I can't believe it's been ten years since Cloody and Frank's last big blowout. It was at their 50th anniversary that Phil put us all up at the Talbot Heirs to celebrate "Driving the One-Lane."

We relived the day with a skit written by Andy and performed as a radio broadcast by all the kids and Uncle Fred. But I thought the highlight of the evening was when my good friend and neighbor, Al Staehely, took up his guitar and performed a couple of his original songs: the classic "She's a Time Bomb" and my favorite country tune, "What's Wrong With You for Loving Me?"

So to shore up this year's momentous occasion, Al has written a new song that he thought Frank could post to the blog: "Bailout Blues."

Remember, you heard it here first.

Nash

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Love it , wish we had been there for all of the fun.
Patsy

Frank Baker said...

I clicked on my email this morning and there was a comment to be moderated from Patsy. Something about a lawyer, immendiately I knew something was going on. I went to the blog and there it was . Al, Nash and Andy had done it again. Cloody and I think it's wonderful. Thanks, Al. Your performance of 10 years ago was the outstanding part of the entire party, and I've often wished I had a copy of those song. Thanks to all of you life is great. I've been bailed-out.

 

|