Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shopping With Tita Mama

Yesterday we made the trip to Metrolina.  I took our camera.   Little did I know that taking pictures would be as satisfying as buying the merchandise.  I would be a rich woman today if I had learned this years ago.  Look at all that I was able to bring home with me:


Beads, beads, and more beads.
************************

Glass Door Knobs.
********************

Succulent Garden!
*******************

The entire backyard!
******************

Lunch !
************************

Buckets of all kinds .
*********************

This lady has not learned what a camera can buy.
She is still back in the old day of actually carrying items home!
I'm now living in a virtual world!
************************

What would I like ?  Chairs or stars?
****************************

I'll take the stars! 
Jerry was kind enough to arrange for me to
take one of the small ones home!
********************



A star for me.
*************


Signs are sometimes confusing?  
How do you get out of here?
Which way is home?
***********************


A self portrait?  Opps!  I cut my head off
*******************


The Metrolina Gate Keeper.
He showed us the way to go home!

 What a day!  Maybe our monthly trips to Metrolina will resume now that I have learned how to purchase things without using money!   







                                                                                                                                                     








5 comments:

Patsy said...

I love it. Thanks for showing me a new way to shop. And my husband thanks you.

Andy said...

Metrolina sounds like a lot of fun – but where is it? And what is it? Peggy, you've really come a long way with your photography. Those are great-looking shots.

Tita Mama said...

Hi, Andy - Thank you for the compliment. This was last summer and I had a great time taking the pictures! Tita.

Tita Mama said...

Andy - Metrolina is the old fair grounds north of Charlotte. It is now the home of various shows (cars, crafts, antiques, etc.) throughout the year. The antiques and collectibles show is the first weekend of each month. It's just a fancy flea market that we have visited on a regular basis for years. Tita.

Andy said...

Oh, I could spend entire days at places like that, Tita. You never know what you'll find. My mistake is coming home with some of that stuff, then never having a place – or a need – for it. '

Anyone need a cast-iron bed warmer? How about a fireplace popcorn popper? Or an old mattress bedspring, which you could turn into a rose trellis? My list of flea market treasures just goes on and on.

I like your system much better. Just take a picture!

 

|