Thursday, June 19, 2008

THE WABLER SPEAKS

In a recent e-mail my brother who lives in Phoenix wrote, and I quote,"If you ever find 

anything of interest in my letters feel free to include them in your blog.  Such as, Uncle Fred 

writes, or Uncle Fred's corner, or the Wabler speaks, etc".


Well, yesterday I received an e-mail and he is telling me about two musicians who grew up 

together in Laurel, MS; Mundell Lowe and Skeets McWilliams.  
 
" Lowe was from Laurel, MS.  He was a Studio Musician and worked out of NYC.  I used to see 

him  on the Today Show back in the fifties.  I heard lots of stories about him from a guy named 

Skeets McWilliams.  Skeets ran a guitar shop in Jackson, MS, not too far from my house.  I 

used to hang out there on Saturdays and listen to him play, etc.  He told me he and Mundell had 

grown up together, and played guitar together as kids.  I think Skeets was as good as Mundell, 

but because of ill health, he could not take the traveling and being on the road". 

So the "Wabler" attaches the following YTube clip.   

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Damn! We are good at this.

Patsy said...

Boy! We sure are getting good at this.

 

|