Saturday, June 14, 2008

THE VILLAGE GARDEN





I read recently that Hitler's plan to conquer Great Brittan in the early 1940's was to starve them out with his U-Boat blockade, and the people of Great Brittan began growing small gardens for food.  Remember the world ll Victory gardens here in the USA to relieve the food shortage.  I now see a similar situation today with high food cost and gasoline at 4 dollars a gallon. It's my opinion that the Village gardeners are certainly a help to lower food cost , protect the environment, and eat more healthily .  
I have done my share of gardening in the past, and I think I'm qualified to say the garden this year is by far the best ever. Gardens are clean and free of weeds, plants are healthy, and I'm think production will be at an all time high.  I'm not sure  we realize the true value the garden provides.   I hope our marketing department will take all visitors to see it. 

Village gardeners:
Joe Amos, Sherry Amos, Glen Mayher, Tom Majors,  Edna Majors, Tomy Robinson, John Alls,   Vickie Alls, Derrick Alls, Lee Johnson,  Michele Johnson,  Norman Todd, Marguerite Todd, Ron David, Dorothy David, Brenda Omusi, , John Stewart, Henry Napier, Richard Prior, Marie Prior,  Sam Macre, P. Allen, Patsy Smith, and The Benny
                                                       






 


1 comment:

Andy said...

Ah, hands in the dirt, head in the clouds – there's nothing quite like a garden to stir the soul and feed the stomach. This one's a real beauty. Hats off to all those hardworking Village gardeners.

 

|