Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rainy day photos from the car window

Freezing rain changes one's attitude toward photography, and sometimes good views are best had form the car window.  Cloody and I are still challenged to find out all about the area in which we are currently living, and we find the delta of northeastern Arkansas; to say the least, most interesting.  Some of the best farmland in the world, and great hunting and fishing.  If you look closely you may see ducks in some of the photos, and duck hunting is at its best.  You people from Texas could never relate to duck chili.  

One look at the fields and immediately you remember the old saying, " Too thick to drink and too thin to plow".  The levies and drainage ditches do the job of keeping us high and dry but sometimes I catch my thoughts turning to investing in a good boat.  

Whatever your thought, it's home to a lot of people and we love it.

Note the levy in the distant.

This road must go some where

Great farming--- See the ducks

Would you believe this is a rice field?

A rural chuch--I'm not sure if it's being used.

5 comments:

Winifred said...

I like the pictures.

Frank that looks like a waterfowl reserve. Shame to shoot them though, I'd rather watch them fly.

Wonder if what you call freezing rain is what we call sleet? Whatever it is it sounds awful. Hope it clears up soon. It's very cold here but lovely blue skies and lots of sunshine. I don't mind it. Not what most people imagine UK weather is like.

deedee said...

Wonderful pictures! I love your blog!

Charlene said...

Great pictures. I grew up in the bootheel, north of Kennett. When I moved to the village, one of my cousins, asked why I moved to such a flat land. I replied that the area is just like home. The pictures were interesting as most people only take pictures when it is sunny and your pictures show just how the fields look now. I really enjoy your blog.

Patsy said...

I enjoy your blog to Frank and I love that duck chili thing. I sure know what you mean about Texas chili.

deedee said...

I installed Photobucket and nothing has worked right on my blog since. It's not your computer - it's mine.

 

|