Friday, October 10, 2008

I Think It' Fall


Within the past couple of days this mum plant has really shown off.  After a long hot summer, often times not getting sufficient water, this determined flower survived giving us a nice show for the cooler days of October.   Don't look too closely for it's probably a little thin; not getting any feeding earlier in the year.  We are proud of it, and will do our best to see it survives the winter, and by next spring sprout to again put on a show.

I forget the name of this vine, but it's not the common trumpet vine one often sees.  This vine is not invasive, but is easy to manage.  It blooms heaviest in the early spring but not much after.  I think it's trying to say "Me Too" because it just put out two blooms and this is unusual for October.  Just showing off before the cold weather. 


3 comments:

Patsy said...

Your mum and vine are so happy I love the colors.Your rosemary is in bloom to I think.
Patsy

Anonymous said...

How lovely! We've a yellow-flowered vine similar to that called Alamanda (I think) down here in Florida that just goes bonkers in early summer. :-)

Frank Baker said...

Thanks for dropping by. I lived in the Tampa area some years ago, and I know how things grow in Florida .

 

|